· Review all insurance policies and leases in place at the time of the loss to identify your duties under those documents.
· Identify all coverages in your insurance policy that may affect your total recovery.
· Coordinate and integrate all areas of the claim preparation effort with ongoing operations for the overall recovery process.
Building and Contents
· Investigate and analyze all "on-site" property damage to the building and personal property.
· Prepare details of the loss using replacement costs and actual cash values where applicable.
· Prepare all valuations necessitated by coinsurance provisions.
· Prepare a concise, detailed, well-documented claim.recovery process.
· Coordinate the necessary experts and "expert reports" to support and assemble the claim.
Loss of Income / Business Interruption
· Advise policyholder on how to collect and develop information.
· Determine the appropriate period of suspension, total or partial.
· Determine claim limitations (specific amount or actual loss sustained).
· Instruct policyholder on actions that will mitigate the loss.
Residential and HOA claims generally involve more emotions and less knowledge of the insurance industry because the policyholders are regular homeowners like you and me. The staff of American Claims understands this and is able to make their clients feel very comfortable throughout the whole claim process. They still touch on just about all of the areas as described in the Commercial Public Insurance Adjusting section in order to provide a comprehensive settlement while keeping the client comfortable and informed.
With more than 43 years of experience, the public adjusters of American Claims are well respected among the insurance claim professionals in Colorado, Texas and other surrounding states. Their knowledge of the industry has caused others to seek them out to serve as an expert witness in law suits, property appraiser and insurance claim umpire. They are founding members of the Rocky Mountain Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and are passionate about policyholders receiving fair and equitable insurance settlements.